2 ENHANCEMENT WORKER/FAMILY TIES LIAISON
Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
November 17, 2021, 7:00:00 a.m.
Reporting to the WFLFN#459 Child & Family Services Team Lead
Seeking a Full-Time dedicated individual to join a team of professional Agency Staff at WFLFN#459 Child and Family Services in serving children, youth and families within the community who may be directly or directly involved with the Child and Family Services Programs. The hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM and may include evening and weekend work. Salary will be based on Qualifications and Experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Conducting assessments to determine children (youth) and family's strengths and needs.
2. Working with children (youth) and families to identify resources and activities in the community and connecting families to available resources and services to enhance their development and life management skills;
3. Building on the strengths of the family and locating and involving extended family members and other community resources to assist the family;
4. Working closely with the Child and Family Services Team to provide training services for families involved with the program as identified in service plans;
5. Working towards early intervention/preventive measures versus formal intervention by identifying positive support systems and services for families;
6. Incorporating family support activities to develop skills such as: parenting, financial management, resource development, discipline methods and household management;
7. Conducting home visits within the community to offer community based one-on-one services, information on agency programs and local resource programs and services;
8. Facilitating Family Group Conferences upon referral from caseworker/s.
9. Attending and participating in interagency meetings and/or other meetings or events with other
programs and services within the community when needed or requested;
10. Case management and After Hours On-Call Rotation.
Knowledge and Skills:
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of the Child, Youth, and Family Enhancement Act; Signs of Safety as well as possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong critical thinking, and organizational skills. Additionally, they will be required to demonstrate the skills, knowledge, abilities, and competencies as outlined in the Job Profile. Knowledge of the Cree culture and language is a definite asset.
A Social Work diploma, BSW or MSW or other social sciences diploma with a minimum of 2 years of Frontline experience and excellent computer skills. Previous experience working with Intervention Services role is preferred. Experience working with; or knowledge of, Indigenous communities and culture, and working knowledge of Signs of Safety is an asset.
To provide satisfactory Security Checks as a condition for hire. The selected candidate for this position will be asked to undergo an Intervention Record check and a CRIM check.
How to Apply
How to Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume with attached references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNTIL SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE IS FOUND