Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
April 7, 2022, 6:00:00 a.m.
Whitefish Lake Nation #459 Health Centre is looking for highly motivated, dependable, and dedicated individual to fill the position of Administrative Assistant to the Director of Health. This person will be working out of the Whitefish Lake First Nation Health Centre. This is a full-time position, and the employee will report to the Director of Health.
Duties & Responsibilities
¬ Coordinates an information system for health management including filing of documents, collection
of reporting data, and assist Health Director and program staff with workplans, and budget
¬ Managing incoming and outgoing correspondence; including memos, reports, and summary briefs for
¬ Arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and take meeting minutes
¬ Provide duties pertaining to finance processes, cheque requisitions, purchase orders, timesheets
processing and other expenses as directed
¬ Maintain an efficient filing system
¬ Assist in maintaining personnel files, including keeping track of staff’s sick leaves, vacation leaves and
¬ Provide relief duties to other Health Centre staff as directed
¬ Provide clerical duties to Director of Health such as: typing, filing, and answering calls, arranging
travel plans, and helping coordinate events.
¬ Other duties as required
• minimum grade 12 would be an asset
• Office Administration certificate\diploma or equivalent
• Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Basic financial \ accounting skills
• Excellent written skills
• The ability to speak Cree would be an asset
• Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license to meet the demands of the job.
Skills & Abilities
- the ability to work well as a team member
- the ability to be able to work under pressure
- strong organizational skills
How to Apply
All resumes are to be submitted to Lori-Ann Anderson, Assistant Administrator by email at
email@example.com or drop off at the band office. Thank you for all that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline is April 21st, 2022