CFS Transporter and/or Visit Supervisor/Driver Escort
Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
September 24, 2021, 6:00:00 a.m.
Reporting to the Fee-For-Service Coordinator of Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 Child and Family Services Society (WFLFN#459 CFSS).
The Transporter/Escort Driver is an On-Call, Casual Fee-For Service Position and is responsible for providing safe, reliable and timely transportation services for individuals and families, often originating from Atikameg and within the service area. This position requires own vehicle, to transport children, youth, and adults within the service area to access services or connect with family. This position would be suitable for applicants with a flexible schedule and a desire to be a role model for parents and their children.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Must be available for a variety of shifts including weekdays, evenings and weekends to accommodate needs of children, youth and parents.
• Accept drive assignments according to directions stated on referrals, on a prearranged and on-call basis.
• Use own vehicle to transport clients to assigned locations (appointments, supervised visits, etc.) -mileage & expenses reimbursed
• Remain with family for the duration of supervised access visit, monitoring all parent-child interactions for safety and appropriateness; observing and taking log notes on family interaction.
• Work in accordance with Child, Youth, Family Enhancement Act CYFEA and WFLFN#459 CFSS policies.
• Prepare accurate & timely reports/records of all drives, supervised visits, vehicle safety inspections as per Fee- For -Service Program requirements.
• Report any problems in vehicle operation.
• Represent WFLFN #459 CFSS in a professional manner
• Work within all safety and confidential and privacy legislation.
• Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License with 5+ years driving experience, $2m liability insurance and clean Drivers Abstract (OR willing to obtain a Class 4 license)
• Reliable vehicle with backseat for transporting children in approved infant/child care seat (supplied)
• Must be able to prepare accurate & timely reports for supervised visits when required.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record and Child Welfare Intervention check
• Valid First Aid / CPR Certificate (or willingness to attend training)
• Willing to take training in Suicide Intervention/Prevention and other training provided by WFLFN#459 CFSS.
• Submit to Fitness for Duty, Pre-Employment drug/alcohol testing.
- Personal Access to a Telephone.
Minimum 2 years of frontline experience working with children, youth and adults with various needs. Experience or knowledge of intervention services. Experience working with or have knowledge Indigenous communities and assessing safety will be an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit your documents to: Candice.Laboucan@whitefishcfs.ca Candice Laboucan Administrative Assistant.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those individuals who meet the criteria will be added to the Fee-For-Service Roster.