Finance Support Worker
Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
February 8, 2022, 7:00:00 a.m.
Reporting to the OFFICE & FINANCE MANAGER, and functional reporting to the Director of Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 Child and Family Services Society, the FINANCE SUPPORT Worker provides full administrative and clerical support to the Finance Manager, in meeting the objectives of the Finance Department, including all record keeping, data entry, maintaining vendor and payroll files, accounts payable and receivables and supporting and assisting staff to financial administrative needs. Hours of work are from Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Salary will be based on Qualifications and Experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
1. Maintaining accurate accounting, payroll, employee benefits and vendor records;
2. Processing invoices for payment; Ensuring timely cheque issuance;
3. Assisting in submission of monthly invoices for reimbursement by funding agencies;
4. Assist in preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and updates to the Director;
5. Assisting in the annual audit process and the ISC financial review;
6. Assisting in data analysis, budget reviews and planning, preparing calendar year end reporting and
7. Completing monthly Foster Care maintenance deposits and reconciliations.
8. Maintaining recording systems for effective monitoring and information gathering for management
such as budget reports
9. Assist by preparing GST Claims, child tax benefit applications and remittance of premiums to insurers
in a timely basis.
10. Working closely with Office & Finance Manager to ensure that all reporting requirements are met.
11. Providing administrative support and assistance to staff.
12. Participating in staff meetings/workshops and mandatory training.
13. Adherence to the Whitefish Lake First Nation #459 Employee Personnel Policy.
Skills and Experience:
Sound understanding of accounting principles and understanding of management information requirements, proficiency in computer-based accounting systems, spreadsheet, and word processing software programs; strong planning and organizational skills; good writing skills; understanding and experience with First Nations’ programs and organizations and with federal and provincial funding sources.
A post-secondary diploma in financial or business administration field and\or extensive and equivalent knowledge in accounting.
Current and valid Alberta driver’s license; access to vehicle with $2M auto liability insurance; Conditions for hire: submission of a satisfactory IRC (Intervention Record Check) and Canadian Police Information Center (CPIC) clearances; Submit to an Oath of Confidentiality; Fitness for Duty pre-employment and random drug/alcohol testing; Personal or access to telephone. Current First Aid certificate (note: training will be provided if certification not currently held). Applicants who are selected for an interview: must provide security clearances prior to the interview and 3 work related references and academic certificates at the time of the interview.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
Until Suitable Candidate is found.