Full Time Cook
Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
November 21, 2021, 7:00:00 a.m.
The Whitefish Lake Children Reunification Home is a 24-hour residential program that serves whitefish lake children, youth, and families. Reporting to the MANAGER, the cook is responsible for the preparation of healthy meals and snacks at the WFLFN Children’s Reunification Home. The cook will prepare healthy meals/snacks for the residents of WFLCRH, who range from children to adults. The cook will work Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Reports to the Manager of WFLCRH
• Creation of the WFLCRH menu for the residents in accordance to the Canada Food Guide
• Assist in developing the food and kitchen budget
• Ordering and shopping of food and supplies
• Maintain kitchen inventory of food and supplies
• Preparation and serving of healthy meals per Canada food guide
• Preparation of healthy snacks
• Routine cleaning and sanitizing of kitchen
• Attend training as required
• Attend meetings as required
Requirements and qualifications:
• Proven experience as a cook.
• Enjoys working with First Nations children, youth, and adults.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Culinary Arts education
• Food handling safety course
• A genuine love of food and cuisine
• Strong organizational skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Team Player
• Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
• Strong time management skills.
Additional requirements: Current & valid Alberta driver’s license; own vehicle or access to one; Child Intervention Record and Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) clearances; submit to an oath of confidentiality; personal telephone or access to telephone; current first aid certificate (note: training will be provided if certificate not currently held);
How to Apply
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Or drop off at the Whitefish Lake Reunification Home
Or call the Manager, Gail Thunder: (780)767-2037
Until successful candidate is found.