HEALTH CARE AIDE (HCA)
Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
April 7, 2022, 6:00:00 a.m.
Whitefish Lake Nation #459 Health Centre is looking for highly motivated, dependable, and dedicated individual to fill the position of a Health Care Aide worker. This person will be working out of the Whitefish Lake First Nation Health Centre. This is a full-time position, and the employee will report to Home Care Nurse and the Director of Health. The heath care team is responsible for providing personal care and delegated home care services to Home Care clients.
Duties & Responsibilities
¬ Personal care in bathing and grooming
¬ Basic hand and foot care for non-diabetic at risk clients
¬ Transferring\positioning, ambulation, and rehabilitation exercises as directed by the physiotherapist
or occupational therapist
¬ Dressing, feeding, includes use of eating aids
¬ Assist with light meals\nutritious snacks with consideration of clients’ dietary requirements
¬ Maintaining of medical regimes
¬ Assist in teaching of personal care talks to family\caregiver that have responsibility in care for client
¬ be respectful and culturally sensitive an has the ability to work as a team member
¬ Other duties as required
• Certification from an accredited post-secondary school for Health Care Aide (HCA)
• A minimum of three years experience in Home Care Nursing \ Community Health Nursing is preferred
• Two years experience in acute care preferred
• The ability to speak Cree would be an asset
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Cree culture and community
• Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Basic Rescuer Level Standard First Aid Certificate
• Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license to meet the demands of the job.
• Criminal Record Check for security clearance is required
Skills & Abilities
- the ability to work well as a team member
- the ability to be able to work under pressure
- strong organizational skills
How to Apply
All resumes are to be submitted to Lori-Ann Anderson, Assistant Administrator by email at
email@example.com or drop off at the band office. Thank you for all that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline is April 21st, 2022