Maternal Child Health Position
Atikameg, AB T0G 0C0, Canada
February 8, 2022, 7:00:00 a.m.
ATIKAMEG HEALTH CENTRE - Maternal Child Health - Permanent Position
Whitefish Lake First Nation is looking for a highly motivated, dependable, and energetic individual to fill the position of Maternal Child Health worker. This person will be working out of the Whitefish Lake First Nation Health Centre. Under direct supervision of the Health Director. This individual will be responsible for providing support to with families to high-risk prenatal families with children ages 0-6 years of age.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Support families including but not limited to family planning, health care, support for children with disabilities, parental skills, addictions support, and mental health.
• Home visits
• Needs assessments and program planning including budgeting
• Work with other agencies to provide support
• Provide outreach services
• Provide reports and workplan to supervisor and as needed
• Other duties as per job description
• At least 3 years of prior community-based experience, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• The ability to work well as a team member
• Excellent organizational skills, time-management skills, and communication skills
• Must have computer skills
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively engage with high-risk clients
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel daily
• Must be able to provide a Police Information Check and a Child Intervention Check
• Must have First Aide certificate or willing to take training for it
How to Apply
All resumes are to be submitted to Debbie Laboucan, Health Director at:
Atikameg Health Centre
Atikameg AB T0G 0C0
Thank you for all those apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted or until a suitable candidate is found.
February 18th, 2022