Notice of Total Community Lockdown
October 2, 2021
October 01, 2021
Whitefish Lake First Nation #459
Notice of Total Community Lockdown
By way of a passed motion of Chief & Council, a total lockdown for 14 Days has been declared for the community (Reserve lands) of Whitefish Lake First Nation #459. This is a necessary measure to properly respond to the rising Covid-19 cases and variants, (i.e., the highly contagious Delta Variant) in our community. The health and safety of our community is of the utmost importance.
This total lockdown is in effect as of 9:00 am Saturday, October 02, 2021 and ending on 9:00 am October 16, 2021
During the Total Community Lockdown Period:
1. Security will be stationed at Highway 750 checkpoints and community entry gates and will:
• Monitor the community traffic
• Monitor non-resident traffic that are passing through the highway (750)
• Gather information and keep track on where people are going
• Record license plate numbers
• Provide information as required
• Perform other duties necessary to enforce this lockdown.
2. Nobody can enter the community unless for the reasons specified under item #5 (essential service providers).
3. Residents can leave the community once (1) within a seven (7) day period. Specifically, only two (2) adults in the same vehicle will be allowed when leaving the community. This includes medical purposes that are not considered as an emergency. One (1) Elder may be considered if extra passenger in the same vehicle. Parents with small children i.e., toddlers and nursing babies may exceed 2 in same vehicle.
4. Other than the once per week limit, nobody is allowed to leave the community for any reason except for emergency medical purposes and for residents that require to go outside the reserve lands for identified and acceptable employment purposes (see Item #6). For greater clarity, emergency medical purposes are where it is verified and signed by WFLFN Health Center and where an ambulance or medical vehicle is required to transport patients for:
• Dialysis treatment
• Heart attack/stroke
• Severe injuries or medical purpose where it requires an ambulance or medical vehicle
5. Certain essential service providers may enter the community. This includes the following:
• Internet providers (will be escorted by security to destination)
• Health service providers (ambulance, nurses, doctors etc.)
• Contractors (i.e., electricians, plumbers, water/sewer services, housing, etc.) may enter and exit the community in order to maintain services as long as the 2 per vehicle maximum is followed. Will be escorted by security to destination.
• Program Directors
• Finance staff
• Confectionary delivery (will be escorted by security to destination)
• Post office delivery (will be escorted by security to destination)
• Hunters. Will need to provide proof and security will use best judgement to determine this is the case. Maximum will be 3 in vehicle and from same family and/or household.
6. Residents that require to leave the community (reserve lands) for identified and acceptable employment purposes must go straight home after work and are to isolate themselves in their house until they go back to work. This house will be considered under isolation during this total lockdown period.
7. Residents that live adjacent to the highway (750) can go in and out of the main community.
8. Residents that live in Whitefish River can go in and out of the main community.
9. Nobody is to go inside other households during this 14-day lockdown period. Visitation between residents may be allowed on condition that a visitor and a household resident stay outside for the duration of the visit and follow the safety measures (mask, social distancing, etc.)
10. Security will watch over persons, or households, who are under isolation or quarantine orders and will ensure that there are no visitors and leaving the residence yard. If residents do not comply with an isolation or quarantine order, Security will inform the RCMP.
11. Curfew hours of 11:00 pm to 6:00 am is in effect
12. There will be No Exceptions.